Taking mala-d. Missing period. Have I conceived? What should I do to get period?

Question
i was taking MALA-D[ LEVONORGESTREL & ETHINYLOESTRADIOL TABLETS] 28 DAY PACK contraceptive pills,SINCE DECEMBER 2012.,ONE TABLET DAILY MORNING .MY LAST PERIOD STARTED ON 24/ 01/2013. i missed my period WHICH WAS due on february 24. till now it is missing.WHAT SHALL I DO TO GET PERIODS ? OR AM I CONCEIVED ? WE ARE WORRIED ! we doesn't want to conceive for another one year. what shall we do now ? some friends are suggesting me to TAKE NORGEST. WHAT IS THE MEDICINE AVAILABLE IN INDIA TO HAVE IMMEDIATE PERIODS / BLEEDING SO THAT I MAY NOT GET CONCEIVED & I WILL HAVE MY IMMEDIATE PERIODS ? PLEASE CLARIFY ?HOPE U WILL SPECIFY THE MEDICINE WITH DOSAGE , SO THAT WE CAN GET OVER THE COUNTER & START TAKING IT WITHOUTB ANY FURTHER DELAY.YOUR DETAILED REPLY IS SOLICITED IN THIS REGARD. WISHES............
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 23 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Since you are on MALA-D, less likely you are pregnant.
However, its always better to rule out pregnancy before taking tablets for induction of periods.

Following are my recommendations.:
1. Purchase a urine pregnancy kit from pharmacy- velocit kit/ I-sure.
2. Do a home pregnancy test tomorrow early morning on first voided urine sample.
3. If pregnancy test is negative, you can take tablet Norgest 5mg thrice daily for 5 days to induce periods.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Taking mala-d. Missing period. Have I conceived? What should I do to get period? 3 days later
RESPECTED DOCTOR,
[ 1 ] IF PREGNANCY TEST IS POSITIVE , WHAT IS THE MEDICINE WE SHOULD ORALLY TAKE TO INDUCE PERIODS , AS I DOES NOT WANT TO CONCEIVE NOW ? MY LAST PERIODS STARTED ON 24/01/2013 [ JANUARY 24, 2013 ] . KINDLY INFORM US THE DOSAGE ETC IN DETAIL & THE EASILY AVAILABLE MEDICINE .
[ 2 ] HOPE U WILL HELP US IN DETAIL ,IN THIS REGARD.
[ 3 ] HERE NORGEST IS NOT AVAILABLE. WHAT IS THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE AVAILABLE ?
PLEASE HELP US IN DETAIL

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 24 minutes later

Good you got your pregnancy test.
Since you are already 8 weeks pregnant, you cannot use medicines for abortion.
Medicines will act only till 7 weeks.
So, i suggest you to go for surgical suction evacuation or D& C procedure.

Norgest cannot be used when you are pregnant.
It induces periods only if you are not pregnant.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further doubts.
regards.
Dr Nilofer