Taking maicardis and having leg cramps, dryness in mouth. Is it a side effect?

i am currently taking maicardis plus 80 and am having leg cramps dryness of the mouth I remember having these effects with lipitor and coveram what do you think the problem might be
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hydrochlorothiazide Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. The drug that you refer has two components:telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide.Hydrochlorothiazide have diuretic effect. Dry mouth and cramps (by decreasing the levels of potassium) are probably related to intake of hydrochlorothiazide.Your doctor should evaluate to use alone telmisartan to control your blood pressure because also you're taking another drug for blood pressure. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.