Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying cause?

I'm on Lupron every 4 months, I have all the problems from this, sweats, weakness,and other systems caused by this injection, weakness is the worst of them, could I take Ensure to help with this weakness?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Thanks for asking a query at XXXXXXX

I have read your history. I think weakness in you is being caused by cancer, depression and medicine. It is very important to continue Lupron for you. It is equally important to get appropriate supportive treatment for the side effects of the medicine.

To combat weakness you need extra calories and and nutrition. I think you opted for a good option. Ensure has all the necessary components to deal with nutrition deficit. Boost is another good option.

It is always better to try to use regular food to maintain a person's weight. Extra calories are found in milk products like cheese, butter, cream, ice creams, peanut butter, etc. Incorporate eggs and meat in your diet. Take lots of high calorie foods. Nutritional drinks can be used as a snack or to supplement regular food. It is not a meal replacement.

I will also suggest that you discuss about depression with your physician.

I hope I addressed you concerns. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee Punj