Taking lowest dose of Prempro with no improvement. Should I take higher dosage to see the results?

I have been taking the lowest dose 0.3mg/1.5mg, of Prempro for about 10 days now with no improvement. How long before I see results? How long do I need to wait before switching to a higher strength?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dosage of the hormones depends on the indication.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

The dosing regimen and increasing the dose and duration depends on the condition for which Prempro is used like Osteoporosis, Postmenopausal syndrome, etc. It could have helped if your have mention the condition for which your are taken Prempro.

Anyway we use Prempro 0.3mg/1.5mg once daily for more than five years to treat osteoporosis. Similar dose is used for one to five years in treating post menopausal syndrome. I don't increase the dose from 0.3mg/1.5mg, however I vary the duration of treatment based on the condition I am dealing and response/tolerance of patients.

Do mention the medical condition in your follow up question if any.

Hope the answer helps you.

Follow-up: Taking lowest dose of Prempro with no improvement. Should I take higher dosage to see the results? 6 hours later
I am taking for severe menopausal symptoms. Should i increase the strength if i have acheived no results in 10 days? I am taking prempro 0.3mg/1.5mg for menopause.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't increase the strength of prempro.

Detailed Answer:

It may take little longer to achieve the result. But I don't recommend increasing the strength of prempro.
Continue with the same dose for one to five years.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.