Taking lovenox prior to hysterectomy. Got hit on leg. Bruise and hard spot developed. Any advice?

I am taking lovenox prior to having a hysterectomy using the di vinci robot. I am taking lovenox prior to surgery because I have lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR and C&S protein deficency. I hit my leg on a piece of gym equipment and bruised my leg. a hard spot developed, but the bruise or the spot does not bother me. What can you tell me.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Usually the bruising heals in about 2-3 weeks of the injury. The worry starts if sign of infection like fever, redness etc. present, and symptoms like pain, swelling increases and bruise last for more than 3 weeks. The home remedies your can follow are:
1.     I'd suggest you apply ice packs to the area for the next 24 hours (this will help limit the bleeding in the injured areas), and then switch to warm packs, which will help your body clear the bruising away. (Remember to place a dry towel between your skin and an ice pack.)
2. Wrap an elastic bandage like crepe bandage at the site of bruise. But don't wrap it too tight
3. Elevate the leg with the help of pillow, it helps in reducing swelling and bruise.
4. Do not take tobacco in any form; it may delay your healing process.
If you have an increase in swelling (not bruise), Tenderness at the site and pain even in slight weight bearing then you needs to consult your physician for investigations. Else you need not to worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.