Taking logynon ed. Started spotting with cramps. Should I be worried?

I am on logynon ED and this month I was two days late and then it came it was red not brown like spotting and I got cramps. So I was relieved. Then today theyve stopped. There was not even brown discharge. I got my period during the time I was on the sugar pill so I am hoping that is fine and that I am not pregnant. Are you able to advise?
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Yes the bleeding you had is a normal variation. There is no need to worry. Since you are taking the pill regularly and you had a near normal period, the pregnancy is ruled out.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking logynon ed. Started spotting with cramps. Should I be worried? 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor.
The reason why i am concerned is because its never happened before where my period started and then stopped and I went to the forums on google to find out and all these thoughts were in my head. Just to be sure I already did the pregnancy test - the supermarket kind and it was negative but I am going to the doctors this afternoon to do another one as well as a blood test. But thank you for your reassurance and it does answer my main query.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since the pregnancy test is also negative, pregnancy is further ruled out. The surest way is the blood test. You can go for it too.
Hope my answer is helpful.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.