Taking lisinop. Have muscle cramps in leg, sore mouth and bloody diarrhea. Right medication?

I am taking lisinop/Hctz 20mg/12.5mg. I have done this for a week. Have the following problems: diarrhae-bloody, muscle cramps in legs and sore mouth and tongue. Am taking for high blood pressure
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 57 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Your diarrhea seems to be of infective in nature. Blood tests, stool tests will be needed to diagnose the nature of diarrhea. If you have problem seeing a physician you may try antibiotics like - ciprofloxacin+ Tinidazole, Ofloxacin+ tinidazole etc. Muscle cramps are related to low electrolytes due to loose motion. Sore mouth and lounge could be due to primary infective in nature.

Note that your cough itself could be a part of the infection, but one has to remember that lisinop can also cause these cough. As you have loose motion, cramps, taking Hctz may cause further low sodium. Other better options will be Amlodipine, Metoprolol etc

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Taking lisinop. Have muscle cramps in leg, sore mouth and bloody diarrhea. Right medication? 24 hours later
ThankYou Doctor. All of this helped me. I will let me doctor know tomorrow when his office is opened at 9am.. I have not taken this pill since friday. My blood pressure is doing okay, not high. I have stopped the bleeding,& the sore mouth. I still have the leg cramps; not as bad. This could be from my arthirtic knees, as I am only taking my 81mg baby aspirin at this time. Should I be doing this????

Once again, thank you for you advice. Have a nice day. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 minutes later
Yes, Go ahead and thanks for the feed back. If blood pressures are not elevated, you could wait till you see your doctor to take the pills.

Best wishes