Taking levothyroxin for thyroid problem. What could be causing high blood pressure?

I have been having a higher than usual blood pressure reading the last few days, it really is the diastolic that is high (78) 122/78 . I have been very healthy, my weight is 169 and iam 5 ft 7 and the only issue is is a thyroid problem which I take levothyroxin 88/ mc
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolutely nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the question. I would like to reassure you that your blood pressure, both diastolic as well as systolic are well within the normal limits. For your reference though, I would like to add that the normal ranges for these are, 100 to 120 for systolic blood pressure, and 60 to 80 for diastolic pressure. However, we do not consider someone as hypertensive if the systolic is below 130 and diastolic is below 90 mmHg. So, I would not worry with your readings at all. However, since you say that this is a recent phenomenon, I would like to suggest to you to just check your blood pressures once in two to three days, at random times and see how it goes. Again I would like to tell you that, there is nothing to be worried about. I hope to have addressed your concern, if however you need further clarification, you are most welcome to write back to me. Wishing you good health. Warm regards.