Taking lemsip cold and flu. Started pain under rib cage, difficulty to breath and bloating. Looking for cure

Hi I have been taking a cold and flu Hot drink "remedy "called LEMSIP" the past few days.I took one just before I went to bed last night and awoke with a dull ache on my right side just under the right rib cage.I shrugged it off and the ache persieted throuout the day at lunch time(the day after I took the Lemsip at bedtime) I took another dose.During the afternoon I noticed a dull ache under my rib cage and it was painful if I breathed in sharply.I immediately twigged to the fact that it was more than likely my reaction to the Lemsip end that the paid was emanting from my Liver.
Fortunately at the time Iam writing this leter it seemss to have eased somewhat .Reading through the ingredients of lemsep I find the following:Guaiphenesin/aspartame/saccharin/lactose/sodium.
I also experience some degree of bloating which may have been caused by the lactose.
What is your opion and what can I take to minimise teh effec ts of this "cure" before I throw out the rest of the packet.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 52 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Lemsip contains Guaiphenesin, which is an expectorant. It helps to cough out sputum only. This preparation will help only, if your sputum is thick. You can discontinue it. It has many side effects, but ache you felt, is not necessarily due to it. It can be a co incidence.

As you are taking crestor 5mg and feeling dull ache under right side rib cage, you should consult a Physician so that he can check your liver, and can advice you tests if required.

Meanwhile you can take Tablet Paracetamol, antacid like Gelucil-mps 2 tsf four times daily and can apply Relaxyl ointment locally thrice daily.

If you have followup query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,