Taking laser hair reduction sessions. Area around spine is red and prescribe with fucibet cream. Will it leave scars permanently?

BURNS FROM LASER- I am taking laser hair reduction sessions. Today was my 3 session. doctor gave me 20 joules of shots on back and chest. Now all the area has become red. its like some one kept a warm net on me. it is red spots every where. some spots have already become white boils ( like with hot water boils).The area around spine is completely red. This is a diode laser from VLCC. doctor has advised me to apply Fucibet and ice for burning. I am scared this will scar me permanently. pls advise urgently. It is also hurting slightly. What other cream can I apply to prevent scarring and quick healing. Any other precautions
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Brief Answer: Post laser inflammation will last for a week Detailed Answer: Hi, I prefer to put ice on the areas where it is red. Do not worry. The redness is expected after laser shots and the heat is also high so it takes at least 3 to 7 days to subside. I do not think there is a fear of scar due to laser if done under experienced hands. I do not advise cream for scarring till the redness subsides. If it hurts and bothers too much I still suggest to see the same doctor treating you.