Taking lactose free diet. Having diarrhea. Blood test done. Related to gluten intolerance or celiac disease?

I have recently developed what appears to be a intense intolerance or allergy to lactose (experiencing diarrhea, loose stools and on two occasions, vomiting). In response, I have cut out all milk/milk ingredients; this has generally improved my stools but not completely solved the diarrhea & loose stools problem. In fact, it seems like I still have diarrgea with practically everything I eat.
I thought it might be related to gluten intolerance or celiac disease but a blood test (called "cascading bowels blood test, I think) did reveal any such blood markers. Is this blood test reliable? Should I ask to be retested?
My doctor suggested going to see either a gastroenterologist or a food allergist. What will a GI dr look for?
Would it be better to go to a food allergist?
Or should I just go to a nutritionist?
I am almost 54 years old, in menopause, overweight (5'4", 185 lbs) but in good health (cholesterol, bp etc). Also I had a coloscopy last year and they didn't find anything; said I could come back in 10 years. As a child, I was told that I had irritable bowl syndrome but wasn't ever tested for anything. The problem as bad as it manifests now at practically everymeal, every day.
Please advise what my next course of action should be.
Thanks so much, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 57 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The celiac disease, lactose intolerance or any food allergies if any one had are diagnosed in early childhood so, they are out of question.

You have been screened for most of disease including colonscopy which didn't showed any thing.

The two thing left behind are gastroenteritis. The next action you need to do is to have a stool complete examination for any infective origin and if the report came back negative then you can consult gastroenterologist for IBS.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask