Taking iron supplements for low hemoglobin. Frequent periods. Due to sex or supplements?

Question
Hello, Me and my boy friend use to have safe sex and time when he feels like masturbating i also do it. all these days my periods are regular, In may I'm diagnosed with low Hemoglobin level and taking iron supplements. I'm getting periods in like 15 - 20 days recently is this cause of sex we have from time to time or due to supplements ? regarding to diet I'm taking healthy diet including a pomegranate or XXXXXXX everyday along with dates too to increase blood level.I'm a collage student.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 30 minutes later
Hi AAAAA
Thanks for consulting us.
Having sex or taking iron supplements are not considered to be a reason for change in the frequency of periods.
Although stress & change in health status particularly weight is a known factor that can influence the frequency of periods in young girls.
I suggest you should see a Gynecologist if the current pattern persists for few months to find out the cause of this increased frequency as this may result in further decrease in hemoglobin levels.
Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.
Best Regards.

Follow-up: Taking iron supplements for low hemoglobin. Frequent periods. Due to sex or supplements? 2 days later
Thank you so much for your answer, Will keep that in mind about visiting doctor.Also i would like to know by doing masturbation will it make her utters weaker ?

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 20 hours later
You are welcome here with all your questions.
No, Masturbation has not been blamed for any future uterine weakness so far.

Follow-up: Taking iron supplements for low hemoglobin. Frequent periods. Due to sex or supplements? 45 hours later
Perfect, Thank you tons for your answer, i feel this is quite secure... i still need t get 1 information as when me and my bf complete the sex, i could find that there are some blood stains at the condom. is it because he's going XXXXXXX inside my skin layers or my waste is discharging out when he's to have intercourse with me... this is something bad i feel and not able to be with him in a complete mind...

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 24 hours later
Hi AAAAA
Welcome back.
This is definitely abnormal & need investigation.
I suggest you should plan a Gynecologist visit. The doctor will examine you & do some tests on you before you can be reassured that there is nothing wrong.
Specifically you need a pap smear test if this is not done recently.
Wish you best of luck.
Warm regards.