Taking indral. Can I stop it suddenly?

Dear dr
I need to stop taking indral 10 mg i take it twice a day beacuse it drecrease my sex drive how to stop it
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 minutes later
Beta blockers like INDRAL ( propranolol ) do result in less sexual drive.
Since you have not mentioned the reason for taking it,you must ask your doctor for the substitute drug for this.
Normally drugs like INDRAL are avoided in very young people like you.
Follow-up: Taking indral. Can I stop it suddenly? 7 minutes later
First i was taking concor 2.5 for 7 years indral for 2 years realy i need to stop it i take it cuz i have high heart rate and my blood preasue 140/60 alwayes i have the high blood hight and the low blood is low
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 30 minutes later
Considering the fact that your pulse pressure ( difference between top and low blood pressure ) is very high with high heart rate,it would not be a good idea to stop taking INDRAL at once.
Wide pulse pressure has high risk of future cardiovascular problems.
Treatment should be aimed at reducing the pulse pressure.
ACE inhibitors are generally prescribed for it.
Other general measures to be taken to reduce pulse pressure are
Reduction of weight
Reduction of carbohydrates
Consumption of more of VIT D,FOLIC ACID and MAGNESIUM
Doing regular exercises.
Keep in touch with your cardiologist regularly.
Dont stop or start any medication without talking to your cardiologist.
Follow-up: Taking indral. Can I stop it suddenly? 16 minutes later
Please define some medicne names for ace inhibitors and what name of multivitamins or should be taken seperately vit , magnesium and folic acid and how to take it
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Multivitamins available are ABIDEC,KETOVITE erc.
Magnesium preparations available are MAGINEX,PHILIPS MILK OF MAGNESIA etc
FOLIC ACID is available as ITSELF.
Vitamins are generally taken once a day.
ACE INHIBITORS are vaible on prescription and are to be taken on advice of doctor only.
Follow-up: Taking indral. Can I stop it suddenly? 41 hours later
Kindly mention to me if there is a medicon to make me long lasting while making love as i cant stay more than 2 min i need to be on range of 30 min thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
A survey done by sexual therapist published in a journal of sexual medicine states that the optimal time for sexual intercourse is between 3 to 13 minutes and median time was around 7 minutes.The study also showed that around 75% of men had their orgasm in around 2 minutes.
Very frankly speaking,doing intercourse for 1/2 hour is not possible snd is generally seen in pornographic movies only.
However you can increase your staying power by doing KEGEL exercises which strengthen your pelvic flour muscles.
You can learn to do these exercises from Internet.
The medicines available in market are generally meant for harder erection and not for staying long in sex and moreover these medicines can be hard on your heart also.
I would advise you to do KEGEL exercises,eat healthy and abstain from smoking and drugs.
You may however have a discussion about it with your treating doctor.