Taking inderal and advised to take Norvasc for BP. Will Norvasc cause palpitations?

I am currently taking inderal 40mg bid and my physician wants to add Norvasc to my regimen to better control my blood pressure. I have concerns about the Norvasc causing palpitations which I do get. I heard that Norvasc can cause palpitations, therefore I am hesitant to start it. Should I ask for another medication, are these concerns valid?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Discuss with cardiologist for Norvasc arrhythmia

Detailed Answer:

I have read your health concerns carefully, and I agree with you regarding to the palpitations as side effects of taking Norvasc. However, not all patients experience such effect.

So, you can discuss with your cardiologist about this your concern and understand if you can use this drug or can go for another alternative.

The other medications suggested are from renin-angiotensin-blockers. But, first discuss with your cardiologist.

Hope it helped!

p.s. if you have any other concern, please write back to me!