Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion, no fever or cough, back pain, painful breathing

I am a 34 year old female who is on immunosuppressants for Crohn's Disease. I have developed what I think is a cold. My cold symptoms are runny nose, congestion and general feeling of being unwell. I do not have a fever or a cough. I am wondering if this can be something more than a cold since I have also developed pain in my upper/mid right back and it hurts to take a XXXXXXX breath.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 17 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of a cold.

The virus seems to have caused the muscle inflammation (myalgia) in your back resulting in pain.
Since the area involved is the back side of rib cage, you are getting pain with the movement of ribs while breathing.

Generally cold virus goes off of it's own, there is no need for any medicine except some anti allergics for your running nose.

Since you are allergic to NSAID's, you can do hot fomentation on your right back to relieve muscle pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have any further queries.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.