Taking ibuprofen for ruptured disc. Can I take Zantac?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Hello I am dealing with a ruptured disc and using ibuprofen 200 x3 three times a day. Dr has said use Zantac to help prevent ulcer, do I have to wait long after taking Zantac before my ibuprofen? Thanks
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 19 minutes later
Thank you for using XXXXXXX
Providing you are taking your Zantac regularly as prescribed, it does not matter when you take it in relation to your ibuprofen. So you can take them together if you wish. I would suggest that you take your ibuprofen after food, not on an empty stomach.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,