Taking homeopathic medicine for cholesterol. What should I do after stopping medicine?

I checked my cholesterol 3-4 month ago , total cholesterol was 230 ,which is a borderline .so i consulted my doctor and she gave me homeopathy medicine ,i am not sure of the medicine name ,i do not want to continue medicine .i want to know whether homeopathy medicine for cholesterol control can make me addict to that medicine and after stopping that medicine will my cholesterol level rise again ? i have taken medicine for 1 month only and after 1 month i again checked cholesterol , total cholesterol is 145 now,i have started exercise and walk ,what should i do so that after stopping that medicine immediately ,it should not give any side age is 24 yr and iam female,
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
Your total as well as LDL cholesterol are normal now.
There is no need to take any medication at the moment.
Do regular exercises.
Take care of your diet.
Avoid fatty foods and trans fats.
Keep your weight under control.
The goal should be to keep your BMI in normal range.
if you are able to control your weight and diet,there won't be any need for anti cholesterol medicines.
You are most welcome to ask for any query if you wish.
Best of luck

Follow-up: Taking homeopathic medicine for cholesterol. What should I do after stopping medicine? 35 hours later
my weight is under control now and i am trying to do exercise daily,I want to know that is there any affect on cholesterol level if i stop the homeopathy medicines immediately .I have taken homeopathy medicine only for 1 month.can i stop medicine in between just after 1 month or i should complete the course . what will happen to cholesterol level if i stop taking homeopathy medicine after taking for 1 month . and please tell me these homeopathy medicine can make me addict for it ??? ,actually my doctor is saying that i cannot stop medicine in between i have to take medicine to complete the course so that cholesterol problem will not come again. earlier also i told my doctor that i don't want to take medicine but she gave it.what should i do
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You may stop the medicine.
Heavens are not going to fall if you stop the medicines.
There is no medicine which can give guarantee for lifelong eradication of high cholesterol.
You are already exercising and keeping ypur weight under control.
Keep on doing them along with reduction of fatty foods
Get your cholesterol checked after 3 months.
If high,then you start the medications of your choice, allopathy or homeopathy.