Taking higher dose of numlo for BP. Having stiff neck but BP normal. Suggest?

I was taking 2.5 mg s-numlo daily before going to bed. Suddenly by mistake I bought 5.0 mg tablet n taking the same since about a month. Though my BP is normal now but there is stiff neck which pains if I move it up down or sideways. Is it due to excessive dosage of S- numlo drug or could it be due to some other factor?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 20 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The usual starting dose is 2.5 and the maintenance/maximum dose of is 5 mg.
If your BP is well controlled at this dose, continue the same dose.
No need to change
     The neck problem has nothing to do with your medicine. It may be muscle spasm or nerve root irritation from cervical spondylosis. See your doctor and have MRI of neck spine... You have not stated your personal habits, family history, or co-morbidities, even age, gender...which could have an influence on the diagnosis and outcome!

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck