Taking hep c triple therapy. Feeling fatigue. Looking for suggestion

I am into my 5th week of hep c triple therapy and am so fatigued I can hardly move. I drink water all day, but it doesnt seem to help. I have to work so time off is not an option. Any suggestions?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 41 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Fatigue is a common side effect of both the infection and the treatment. Up to 65% of persons can experience the fatigue that you are describing.
There are some medical complications that can occur during the course of the disease that can result in fatigue such as anemia (low red cell mass), hypothyroidism, insomnia and depression. You may want to consider speaking to your doctor so you can be assessed for any of these because they can be treated. To diagnose anemia and hypothyroidism requires blood tests and screening questionnaires can be used to assess for the other two.

In addition to checking for the above, you would need to ensure that you are having at least 8 hrs sleep
Rest when possible during the day with short naps (not too close to bedtime)
Use food with high nutritional value such as fruits, vegetables and nuts
Light exercise would actually help with sleep, you can do 10 to 15 minute intervals throughout the day if possible
Avoid alcohol or smoking
Continue using alot of fluids
Schedule the demanding tasks that you have to do for the time of the day that you find you have the most energy.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions