Taking gynecosid to regulate periods, had unprotected sex, cramps, negative pregnancy test. Will medication damage fetus?

Infertility Specialist
i was having irregular periods after i came off the BCP. For that reason i was on gyanecosid tablet to regulate my period but its 10 days and havnt got my periods this month. only one day before having tablet i had unprotected sex. i took pregnancy test and it came out negative i am having no symptoms of pregnancy than having cramps like i do in periods. now i am worried if i am already pregnant could it be possible that taking gynaecosid tablet wiill damage my fetus? what is the maximum time limit in which preiod starts after taking this medicine? will it damage my pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. 1) You are unlikely to be pregnant by one sexual act and taking so many drugs. 2) even if you are pregnant, these tablets wont harm fetus. 3) The cramps are probably due the menses you are going to get. Just relax as everything is fine. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol