Taking glycyphage, pioglar for type 2 diabetes. Suffering from shoulder pain. How to cure this?

I am diabetic type-2 since last 24 years. Iam now 68 and on oral medicines (Glycyphage 2gm, Pioglar 45mg, Diamicron R60-2tablets, Advog0.2mg 2 tablets, storvas10 1 tablet daily. My sugar levels are fluctuating from 100ml to 150ml in fasting. I am monitoring once in a week. For the last 2 months I am suffering with right shoulder pain. I am doing oil massage and exercises for this without taking any psin killers. If i don't exercise pain will be more. Shoulder had 80% restriction while moving initially, but now the restriction came down to almost nil. I am able to rotate my arm but with some pain. Can you please suggest me some thing.
With Regards
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 15 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Long term diabetes causes lot of metabolic changes in the body including musculo-skeletal system.
Your shoulder stiffness and pain may or may not be related to diabetes, which is not well controlled.

I would advise you to consult a good orthopedic expert and get evaluated about the exact nature of shoulder affection. Atorvastatin can sometimes cause muscle pain.
Be guided by an expert advice to prevent late deterioration.

Diabetes needs to be tightly controlled to avoid long term complications.
HbA1c levels give some idea of sugar control over 3 months.

Good that you are not needing pain killers.
If you need some, avoid NSAID class of drugs. Take paracetamol, tramadol or non –NSAID class of drugs.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!