Taking geslutin of 200mg to regulate the periods. Not cured. Started feeling sleepy. Worrisome

Hello; I have a menstrual problem and my doctor prescribed me geslutin of 200mg to take twice per day/ 5 days. After I got my period. Now it came second month and I didn`t again get my period on time and doctor said again to take geslutin of 200mg. I am also taking dostinex as well. I feel very sleepy when I take geslutin, my question is would it be ok to take just one pill of 200mg orally in the morning every 12 hours or every 24h for 5 days?
ps. I have a high prolactin and I never had children before nor any abortaions. Other than that all my test results are good.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Taking geslutin of 200mg to regulate the periods. Not cured. Started feeling sleepy. Worrisome 22 minutes later
ps. Sorry, to clarify my question: I meant would it be ok to take just one pill of 200mg of geslutin per day, not twice per day? Today (07th of July I already took one pill in the morning, but now I am in doubt wether to take the other one) and I wont take till I don`t get an answer since I read that maybe it should be taken only 200mg - 300mg of geslutin per day (100mg in the morning and 100mg in the night). I have pill of 200mg so do I need to buy pills of 100mg to take twice per day or one of 200mg would be ok. And how many days to take it if I take just one pill per day?
Follow-up: Taking geslutin of 200mg to regulate the periods. Not cured. Started feeling sleepy. Worrisome 18 minutes later
This is the medicine:
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.Firstly the cause of your irregular should be determined.If you have high prolactin then that could be a cause for that.Hyperprolactenemia has to be treated separately(dostinex). Also a complete hormone profile should be done.Along with an ultrasound.As fas as the geslutin goes,its a progesterone derative and is available in 2 strengths.You can take 200 mg once a day or 100 mg twice a day.Take it for 5 days and within a week you should get your periods.However,taking this drug regularly for withdrawal bleeding isnt recommended.You should be treated for the underlying cause.Another point i'd like to mention is that apart from geslutin, medroxyprogesterone actate is a better drug for this purpose.If your hyperprolacenemia is the cause for the irregular cycles,then adequate treatment of that itself should get your cycles regular.

Follow-up: Taking geslutin of 200mg to regulate the periods. Not cured. Started feeling sleepy. Worrisome 17 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. Just one more thing: since I took one pill of 200mg of geslutin this morning, it means tomorrow morning at the same time I need to take again the pill. But is it better to take it in a night or it doesn`t matter if I take at the morning (11am). I already took one in the morning, so does it mean now I can not prolong it and starting taking a pill in the evenings instead in the morning, because it would be huge gap between two pills? I am fine if I take one pill in the morning, but it is important to know is it mandatory to take this pill in a night or a day? And if I again don`t get my period on time next month, can I than take the medicine you recommended medoxyprogesterone actate (and if so, how many days and how many mg and how many pills per day)?
ps. By the way, I have prescribed the other medicine to take after 5th day of my cycle for 21 days and this medicine is Progyluton from Bayer. So, dostinex I am taking for 8 weeks and than Progyluton next three month including this one starting 5th day of period for 21 days in each month. And yes, the reason is high prolactine, ultrasound and all other test and hormones was good. Thank you again for your support.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Here's what you need to do.
1.Continue the dostinex as usual.
2.Take the pill at one time of the day.If you're taking the geslutin only in the morning then take it only then .Make sure you only take it either day or night but whichever it is,stick to that.
3.After you get your period after you stop the geslutin,then from day 5 start the Progluton for 21 days twice a day.
4.If you take the Progluton properly then you will get regular bleeding for the next few months.You need to take the it at least for 3 months and if necessary it can be increased a further 3 months.
5.Dont take Progluton ,geslutin and MDPA (medroxy) all the same time.