Taking generess fe to control the cramps during periods. Started severe vascular headaches. Alternate medicine?

I am 16 years old ( not sexually active ) and have been taking Generess Fe to control severe cramping with periods . It really helps with the goal but I am getting severe vascular headaches . Is there an alternative that may achieve my goal without the side effect .
I am satisfied that the foregoing clearly state my problem and my goal .
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
I do not think you need to take Generess Fe to control the cramps. That is basically a contraceptive pill. What I would suggest is that we try one of the non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like diclofenac or ibuprofen. These drugs in combination with paracetamol can provide superb pain relief.
You can start taking Tablet Nuromol 1 tablet twice daily with food whenever you have the pain. This will help you avoid the headache as well.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions