Taking gabapentin lead to weight gain?

Can you have weight gain from taking gabapentin 300 mg six a day along with hydroco/apap 10-325 once a day and
cymbalta 30 mg once a day its seems that in the last couple of months I am gaining alot of weight and really watching what I eat no whites alot of veggies and fruits some meats etc.?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Hello Mr.XXXXXX!

Yes, gabapentin do cause weight gain.
Gabapentin causes weight gain initially at the start of treatment and particularly when used at higher doses. Hence you can ask for adjusting the dose of the drug.
You can continue with the regular exercises and diet control to prevent more weight gain.

Hope this answers your query.
Thank you.