Taking gabapentin for morton neuroma. Pain in hips and swollen nerves. Are they side effects of medication?

Thankyou, I am taking Gabapentin generic for Neurontin 300mg. I am having pain in my hips since taking it. I stared 10/21 and am gradually increasing, until 2 2 3 times a day. I am taking it for morton neuroma. i had heel spur surgery on April 30th of this year. i feel like I am walking on a wadded up sock on the ball of my foot. My nerve is swollen between the 2nd and 3rd toes. I am looking to see if this is a side effect. My foot surgeon has also given me three shots for this and I have taken a nerve conduction test with a Neuro surgeon and lastly the prescription was issued by a pain specialist in AZ, Dr. XXXXXXX XXXX.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Morton Neuroma

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
The prescription of gabapentin is right, but gabapentin is not a cure for Morton Neuroma, only relieves pain.If your surgeon has given you three shots and your symptoms have not improved, probably is necessary a surgical intervention (probably nerve conduction will confirm this).
However,tell you that is a surgical intervention with minimal incision and hospitalization.
I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health