Taking fraxcel for keloid scars. What are the affects of alcohol on eyes?

have a number of very nasty keloid scars being treated by fraxcel regularly with little result. have you any other advice in regard to getting rid of them. I also would like to know about the affect large amounts of alcohol have on the eyes. I am bipolar and on antipressants
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please read a detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Alcohol can affect eyes if taken in large quantities. It can lead to blurred vision, double vision, tunnel vision, color insensitivity, difficulty in adjusting to light etc. Sonetimes it may cause painless loss of vision. As far as treating keloids in concerned, personally I find these procedures better than laser Intralesional injection of steroid with or without 5 fluoro uracil Cryotherapy with or without intralesional injection Surgical debulking of larger keloids with intralesional steroid These procedures can be done singly or in conbination depending upon the size of keloid. I would appreciate if you could upload some pics of your keloids so that I can guide you better. Thanks and regards