Taking folomega, calcimax and evion during pregnancy. Feeling very weak and unable to drink milk. What to do?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I am 25 weeks pregnant now and this is second pregnancy. I got 3yrs 3months old son. After my 1st Delivery I conceived in month of April 2013 where i got aborted in month of May'13 but immediately after 15 to 20 days i conceived again and now i am continuing as i had a concern if i get aborted intentionally then my health may get effected. Doctor has advised me to take following medicines during my pregnancy. Folomega, Calcimax, Evion, Argiplus and iron tablet(i dont remember the name). I am taking these medicines regularly but missing on calcimax. In my first pregnancy fluid was less thus got c-section done. But this time my boby is not supporting me i am getting very weak and no stamina at all. Give me some solution for this. When i asked doctor she says rest but i have to go to work. Kindly suggest. PS: I am not able to drink milk at all and not able to take care of myself as i used to before.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Right Treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, You are under right treatment and there is nothing to worry. Please get blood test to check for anemia. If its normal then there is nothing to worry about. You may feel vomiting and hence may not be possible to have certain foods. The medicines you are taking are good enough and calcium can be started at a later date. You can stop folomega now as you are taking iron tablet. You may feel weakness. Its common. Take balanced diet, regular walk. You will be fine. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Taking folomega, calcimax and evion during pregnancy. Feeling very weak and unable to drink milk. What to do? 6 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Write a review Detailed Answer: Hi, Please write a review if my answer was helpful.

Follow-up: Taking folomega, calcimax and evion during pregnancy. Feeling very weak and unable to drink milk. What to do? 11 minutes later
Sure, will do that. One more query, you have told me to stop Folomega as i started using iron tablet but how are these two tablets related? and if i don't drink milk will there be any calcium deficiency to me or my baby. Kindly clarify. Regards, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not necessary Detailed Answer: Hi, Folic acid is needed in initial part of pregnancy. Iron tablets are enough for now. Calcium is needed in small amounts. Not drinking milk is not very much necessary. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Taking folomega, calcimax and evion during pregnancy. Feeling very weak and unable to drink milk. What to do? 44 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX Right now i am using Calcimax 500. When do u suggest me to start using it as i am not taking it regularly now as i am missing on this one medicine. Is there any harm if i take Folic acid and iron tablets together? Coz its almost one month i am taking these both tablets with other medicines.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Necessary medicines only Detailed Answer: Hi, Take the calcium suppliments on alternate days now. You can miss it now. You can start taking daily after 28 weeks. There is no harm in taking folic acid. I feel you may not like too many medicines especially when folic acid is not necessary now. Regards.