Taking fluconazole pill for infection. Noticed slow improvement. Is this ok?

I have recently been prescribed 5 Fluconazole 150mg pills 1x every 48 hours then 1x every 72 hours - I am in between my 2nd and 3rd pills and am seeing mild results (very slight fading) - is this normal? Or should I see a more noticeable result by now?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
The response to antifungal drug depends upon the type of fungus as well as the site of involvement. For eg vaginal fungal infection might require a single tablet of fluconazole to show response while a nail involvement might take months for response to show.
I would like to know what are the areas involved and the type of lesion you are having
If you are using any topical antifungal creams also

I would also like to mention that your lesions are responding to the drug and hence you have noticed mild fading.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care
Follow-up: Taking fluconazole pill for infection. Noticed slow improvement. Is this ok? 15 minutes later
I apologize - it is for Ringworm with a large initial lesion on waistline with at least 30-40 spreading eraser sized areas on underarms, chest, waist, and front of thighs. Can the rash continue to spread - because I have noticed several other spots since this morning? Thank you kindly.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
From the description given by you, I could think of two probabilities- ring worm and pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea seems to be a strong probability in your case. It is characterised by a herald patch that signifies the beginning of disease. It is a red big slightly scaly rash with scaling present only at the edges of the lesion. Your large initial waistline lesion could be a herald patch. This is followed some days later by small sized red rashes over the body. These small rashes over back may present obliquely along the ribs giving a Christmas tree appearance. P rosea lesions are usually not itchy and have a self limiting and resolving tendency. Treatment offered is symptomatic in the form of calamine lotion and steroid lotion along with tablet cetirizine.

Ring worm presents itself as ring shaped lesions. These are usually itchy. If we consider your diagnosis as ring worm and with such numerous lesions, atleast four weeks will be required for clearance of the disease.

I would advise you to consult a dermatologist nearby to first confirm the diagnosis and treat accordingly.
Hope that answers your query. Take care