Taking flomax daily. Feeling tired. Could I take it every other day?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Can i take flomax every other day,,,i seem to tired taking itbdaily
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It has to be taken once daily

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Flomax to improve your urine flow which seems to be poor due to Enlarged Prostate.

Flomax is Tamsulosin hydrochloride an antagonist of alpha1A adrenoceptors in the prostate.and helps to improve urine flow by relaxing smooth muscles in prostate and bladder neck,

The duration of action of Tamsulosin is for 24 hours hence it has to be taken once every 24 hours.You will not get desired effect if you plan to take it every other day.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Taking flomax daily. Feeling tired. Could I take it every other day? 5 minutes later
I normally take at about 7:00 pm it is now 9:15 pn is it ok to take now or wait until tommrow night at 7:00 pm

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take it now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You can take it now as it is difference of just 2 hours .
Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.