Taking finax after hair transplant and got abnormal lipid profile. Is this due to finax?

Hi Doctor,
6 months back, I underwent a Hair Transplant. Since then, I have been taking Finax tablets, based on the prescription of my Transplant Doctor.
A recent(about 3 months back) Lipid profile test has shown high LDL and very high Triglyceride levels(besides poor HDL levels). Another similar test done about 2 months back showed up as further worse - much higher LDL and Triglycerides. Just wanted to understand if these are the outcome of taking in Finax? If yes, is this reversible? How safe will it be to continue with Finax?
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Finasteride (Finax) is not known to cause abnormal lipid profile.
You can continue taking Finax.

Discuss with your doctor for treatment high LDL and triglycerides.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini