Taking etova p-400 for dental problem. Planning for baby. Will it create problem in conceiving?

Dear Sir,
Myself XXXXXX newly married couples. For my wife due to dental problem necessary to take pain killer Drug name ETOVA P-400 (for two days , two doses per day morning and night after food) . we are planning for baby also. Will it (drug) create any problem for baby planning ? . Request your advice in this regards.

Thanking you

Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Etova P is a pain killer which contains etodolac and paracetamol.
Both these drugs do not interfere with ovulation or fertilization. Your wife can take it for two days without any difficulty as prescribed to her by her dentist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking etova p-400 for dental problem. Planning for baby. Will it create problem in conceiving? 14 minutes later
Hello doctor,

Thanks for the timely advice.
Pls provide some more advice or procedure to be followed for her about planning for kids.

Anything like document or preferable websit ...

Thanking you

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The following measures will help you in early conception-
a. Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b. Have a healthy, balanced diet
c. Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free
d. Your wife can start taking folic acid supplements to avoid any neural tube defects in the baby.
If you fail to conceive within the next 6 months, I would suggest you to visit your gynaecologist and get yourself evaluated.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.