Taking estradiol for uterus lining. Having intercourse on ovulation day. Chances of pregnancy?

Hello Sir,

My last period was on 5th XXXXXXX done a follicle study and egg ruptured on XXXXXXX 14th, We had sex on XXXXXXX 11th.
There was an issue with uterus lining and am taking estradiol 2mg since then and had a ling of 7.9mm on day 14th.
The test showed a thin second line on 38day later it got thickened with second pregnancy test.
Today done a scan which is 48th day(6 week and 4days) but scan shown a growth of 34days ( 4 weeks 6 days only) . I am very tensed , please help me
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later

The endometrial thickness is around 8 mm. during the pre-ovulatory or secretory phase and it grows to around 14 mm. at ovulation. By these standards, your endometrial thickness was on the lower side at the time of ovulation.

Perhaps you meant the urine pregnancy test when you mentioned the second line and not the endometrial stripe, I guess. Urine tests are not so sensitive as a blood test and pregnancy tests should always be correlated with serial titres and follow up sonograms, whenever there is a doubt.

If there is difference of gestational age in the first scan, it may be due to difficulty of resolution as it sometimes happens, a second scan after a week to 10 days later always correlates well with the dates, if they are accurate as in your case. So, do not panic. It is most essential you stay cool at this stage as any anxiety on your part is going to harm the baby. I know it is difficult, but please try as much as possible.

You can get serial serum beta-hCG titres done and if they show a doubling titre every 48 hours coupled with a growing pregnancy on ultrasound, then there is no need for worry. You may need hormonal supplementation as advised by your obstetrician.

Meanwhile avoid all stress, take bed rest, eat healthy food, drink plenty of water and avoid intercourse.

Hope I have answered your query. You can get back to me whenever you want. I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Taking estradiol for uterus lining. Having intercourse on ovulation day. Chances of pregnancy? 6 minutes later
Thank you madam for the answer, I meant pregnancy test .

In the scan report there is a remark that

GSD 15.1 - 4 weeks 6days

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 11 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The gestation sac is about 6-12 mm. around 5 weeks and a yolk sac can be seen at 8-10 mm. size sac by an experienced sonographer. Cardiac activity can be seen at the end of the 5th week through the trans-vaginal method.

As per your report, the sac seems to be 15.1(?mm.), larger for 4 weeks, yet at 4 weeks gestational age, it is difficult to notice anything else. I recommend you to get a follow up scan and correlate the findings, as I said, with serum beta-hCG titres.

Hope I have made it clear. Please feel free to ask if you need any further clarifications.