Taking estradiol after hysterectomy. Looking for estradiol 2 mg blue pill with M and E 5 as imprint

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I was taking 2 mg Estradiol/blue, round pill with M E5 on it for 4 years after my hysterectomy. It worked great. I no longer had any menopausal symptoms and had a normal life. When I refilled my prescription back in November 2012, the pill was different. It was 2mg Estradiol oval dark XXXXXXX with a B 887 2 on it. After taking it for a month all of my symptoms came back with a vengeance. I have called all the pharmacies in my area, looked online, seeking to find the original pills I had been taking. My question is, "Where can I get them?" I really want my life back and my doctor put me on the Vivelle dot patches, which still isn't getting me back to where I need to be. He is as frustrated as I am. Can you please tell me where I can buy the 2mg Estradiol round, blue M E5 pills?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
The pill you are searching for ( estradiol 2 mg blue pill with M and E 5 as imprint ) is a generic product of Mylan pharmaceuticals .
However I am not sure if they are continuing its production since they have come up with estradiol transdermal patches.
I understand your concern but please try to understand that it's a hormonal pill and no matter which company makes it the effect is mostly same though I agree there are differences in the sideffects and efficacy . However these should not be drastically different if the dose remains the same . I am sure your doctor can adjust your treatment so as to find the most suitable alternative for you.I would recommend getting your hormone levels checked before starting any new therapy . Nevertheless you can log in to the Mylan pharmaceuticals website and get further details if required.
Hope that answers your query.