Taking endura mass and normal diet. Is endura mass safe and side effects free weight gainer?

Question
I am a 25 year old guy weighing 60 kgs (132 lbs). I am a little skinny for my age. My height is 174 cms (5'9"). I am taking endura mass morning and evening in 250 ml milk with two bananas. I am having a normal diet and I cant change my diet schedule due to my working hours and commitments. I do workout for 30-40 minutes daily.
I want to know is Endura Mass right and safe weight gainer? Is this safe and side effects free? Or should I change my mass gainer supplement? I do not want any high end stuff for very healthy and in shape body. I just want to gain weight in due course of time which I was not able to do through diet only.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 30 minutes later

I understand your concern and let me try to provide some useful information about this product.

Endura mass is used to gain and maintain weight. It is strict vegetarian product contains high quality soy proteins, minerals and vitamins and provide 3400 extra calorie per day. Till date no major adverse reaction of the drug is reported yet. But this drug is not approved by FDA, hence not routinely prescribed by doctor for weight management. However as no adverse effects apart from allergies are reported it appears safe.

Generally any high protein diet is to be avoided in patients suffering with renal diseases or gout. So do consult your physician and know whether or not you have any such medical condition.

There are no large scale studies on the product to reveal the needed dosage in an individual, so I cannot suggest you the appropriate dose of it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review for me.

Best wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Taking endura mass and normal diet. Is endura mass safe and side effects free weight gainer? 43 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. Although I am taking less quantity, I will see for some other options. One more question....
If i stop taking this supplement consequently after gaining weight, will i again go into a lean posture or the weight gained with this supplement is permanent? This is a very important question for me.

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Even though the company claims that the weight gain is permanent, several reports and my own personal experience with patients has shown that it is not so. After stropping the supplement, people start losing weight again and have experienced more than 30%-40% weight loss within 3 months of stopping it.
So I think the weight gain is not permanent.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Thanks,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Taking endura mass and normal diet. Is endura mass safe and side effects free weight gainer? 39 minutes later
Can you recommend any other weight gain supplement?

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
The best way to gain weight is naturally with proper food and exercise. Dietary supplements usually do not work as well. Till today, no supplements are recommended by FDA. They all have side effects. So it is better to avoid them.
The comparatively safer supplements ( the lesser of the 2 evils, which is nevertheless evil) are Weight Gainer Supplements, D.LAC Dietary Nutritional Supplement etc. They have comparatively less side effects. I would still suggest you stay away from them.
if you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr Sourav Ganguly