Taking eltroxin daily. Have extreme hair loss. Is this due to overdose?

Hi, I am 50 and take 0.1ug of eltroxin daily. I experienced extreme hairloss. Will this side effect appears as a result of an overdose or underdose of eltroxin?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
Generally eltroxin is tolerated well by the people and produce very little side effects.
If you are taking more dose then you will have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like sweating,tremors,increased appetite,loss of weight etc.
If you are taking less dose then you will have symptoms of hypothyroidism like weight gain,dry skin,fatigue etc.
ELTROXIN can cause loss of hair in few individuals and specially during the early treatment however hair loss can occur even in hypothyroidism as well as in menopausal females having low estrogen levels.
You must take up this matter with your treating physician.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck