Taking elrtoxin for hypothyroidism. Having hair fall. Related?

Question
Hi, I am a female- 37 yrs, two months back have been detected with hypothyroidism. I am on 100mg elrtoxin and my tsh and other values are within normal range. I have noticed heavy hairfall recently. Please help?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypothyroidism causes hair loss.

Detailed Answer:
Some hypothyroid patients get hair loss after starting treatment wh8ch subsides within 3-6 months. So you can expect improvent in next few months. If the meantime you take calcium,iron and vitamin D supplementation. Dont worry too much. It will improve in few weeks time.
Shivaprasad