Taking edarbyclor to control blood pressure. Noticed change in vision. Side effect of medicine?

I was given Edarbyclor as a second medication by my doctor to help lower my blood pressure. I had only taken a small dose of 40 mg every other day. I have also been on atenolol for many years. My blood pressure is fine now but around the time I started using Edarbyclor, I noticed a change in my vision. Is this one of the side effects of this medication? If not, it is possible my eyes are changing because of macular degeneration.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 53 minutes later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Edarbyclor which is a combination of vasodialator and diuretic drug has been given to you as your doctor feels that atenalol was not able to control your BP well.
Both the possibilities are there which you mentioned ,one the combination may not suit you and two macular degeneration is a separate entity.
Visual symptoms are not known with Edarbyclor.
You have to approach the problem both ways.Tell your doctor about visual symptoms so that if he wants to change the medication.
Get a ophthalmic checkup to rule out ARMD
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.