Taking duromine and had a strong odour while having intercourse. Is it from the drug? Related?

Dec 2012

Hi I have been taking duromine for about 3 weeks now and I have since taking the drug noticed a very strong odour when having intercourse and have today just begun my cycle and have again noticed a very strong very unpleasant smell is this from the drug? And if so is there a way to stop it without getting off it?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is most likely not the cause

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, you are suffering from a bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis which due to infection by microbes (bacteria, fungi, protozoa etc) and the manufacturers of duromine (generic name: phentermine) do not indicate any where that women who take this medication, may suffer from vaginitis/vaginosis and personally I have not come into contact or experienced any woman having this type of side effect related to taking duromine.
I believe that it is just a mere coincidence that the symptoms my have started shortly after starting the treatment. If you are indeed suffering from a type of vaginal infection, then you will require treatment for that and it will mostly be through prescription. It will be best for you if you consulted a gyneco-obstetrician who can examine you and maybe do a vaginal smear then provide you with appropriate medication which can eradicate the causative germs.
If by any chance the drug is exhibiting a rare side effect, then you might be required to suspend the medication until situation can be controlled then maybe reintroduced later or alternative given.

Hope this can help you and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah