Taking duromine. Suggested to lose weight. Taking codiene. No proper sleep. How can I get sleep without medications?

I started taking duromine 30mg as my spine is twisted from an injury and my doc wants me to lose weight. I have been taking codiene in the form of panadiene extra- is this ok? Also I cant sleep much and thats ok but I work n last night had to take 3 codienes as I only got 3 hours of sleep then went to work again and I am fine but I feel not tired at all- How can I sleep with out taking so much codiene?? Thx !
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Panadiene Extra (Codeine + Paracetamol), does not have any reported drug interactions with Duromine (Phentermine). Hence, is safe.

Insomnia is a well known side effect of Codeine medication, and dose range varies from 30 to 60 mg over 4-6 hours for adequate pain relief in adults. Probably try taking fewer pills of Codeine containing medication to achieve good sleep cycle like 1 or maximum 2 per day. But then, pain relief would have to be reviewed.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.