Taking duphaston 5 mg bd and marvellon tablet. What could be the reason for long periods?

Hi, I'm having menses now, but I would to stop as soon as possible, now I'm taking duphaston 5 mg bd and marvellon tablet daily, but after 3 day I still has light bleeding
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

For Endometriosis, Duphaston is given in the dose of 10 mg twice/thrice daily from 5th to 25th day of menstrual cycle.

Are you taking it from the first day or will start it from 5th day?

Marvelon is an oral contraceptive. It should be taken from 1st to 21st day of cycle.

Light bleeding can be due to poor nutrition or stress also.

Please consult a gynecologist for examination and evaluation. You can discuss with her, the dose of Duphaston to be taken also.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,