Taking drugs for sleeping, CAD and cholesterol. Experiencing vertigo symptoms. Can I take vertin?

ENT Specialist
My name is XXXXXXX I am 72, and an on medication for CAD-1) ( Sosodil or IMDUR ) and 2) Metolar-XR 25 for BP and 3) Rozavel-10 for Chlorestrol, and also use sleeping drug (clonazepam-0.5mg) and anti allergy drug "Telekast L XXXXXXX (Montelukast 10mg+Levocetrizene-5mg. I have now simptoms of Vertigo, Can I take Vertin-8 (Betahistine hydrochloride) ? would there be any adverse side reactions with the above drugs?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 44 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Vertin (Betahistine) is a safe and well tolerated drug. Recent research is being conducted at a dosing for patients up to 450-600 mg per day. Hence 8 mg is a very small dose though effective in some patients.

2. There are no known interactions with your current medication, however as a general precaution while starting any new medicine you should inform your physician.

3. If you have vertigo on turning your head sideways, BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positonal Vertigo) should be ruled out.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Taking drugs for sleeping, CAD and cholesterol. Experiencing vertigo symptoms. Can I take vertin? 20 hours later
Thank you, Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank You for writing back.

Wishing you good health,