Taking doxycyclne for std. Is there any drug interactions between azithromycin and ceftriaxone?

I have contatcted A Std recently and The doctor has put me on doxycyclne for the last 10 Days Which hasent really helped. I was wondering if I take 2 grams of azrithromycin today and Then Get a shot of ceftriaxone tomorrow afternoon is there any drug interactions between these 2 medications, ?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 minutes later
The treatment of any sexually transmitted disease depends on its causative agent. The treatment has to be specific to get a complete cure.
Going by the choice of drugs it seems either you are suffering from gonorrhoea which is characterised by purulent discharge from urethra or painful ulcer known as chancroid.
If it is gonorrhoea a single dose of 1 gm azithromycin or single shot of I/m ceftriaxone would equally be effective. There is no need to panic and over treat yourself. Even doxy works well in gonorrhoea. Same applies for chancroid also but doxycycline is not much effective in the same.

I would be in a better position to help you out, if you could tell me about your specific symptoms and the diagnosis your doctor has made.

Hoping to hear from you.
Follow-up: Taking doxycyclne for std. Is there any drug interactions between azithromycin and ceftriaxone? 35 hours later
I am being treated for signs of gonorrhoea , Even Though the swab Test came back negative , The symptoms are there. I have since took 2 grams of the azrithromycin and followed up with a shot today, Hopefully This will clear all symptoms and I can resume Life and be More careful in the future.

Thanks for your insight, Your Help is Much appreciated, I wish we had girls that look as you do where I live :)

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 10 hours later
Do not worry, with the treatment taken your symptoms will definitely clear.
Wish you a speedy recovery and practise safe sex