Taking divalproex sodium for manic bioplor disorder. Feel dizzy and unbalance. Does mixing smoking with medicine cause side effects?

hii I have question, I am taking divalproex sodium for my manic bioplor disorder, and I smoking 4 to 5 cigarates a day , so mixing smoking with medicine is that any interaction or side effects, because I am feel very dizzy and unbalance all the time only when I am standing too long.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 8 days later
Thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone through your history .
Nicotine induces hepatic enzymes responsible for metabolism so it may decrease the blood level of divalprorex and hence may worsen your conditions .
It may cause irritability which is symptoms of bipolar mood disorder .
So it is advisable to stop smoking .
Your giddiness might be because of
.1 As side effect of divalprorex.
2 postural hypotension or physical cause like anemia or electrolyte disturbance .
So you should consult your doctor to find out the cause .
I hope i have addressed your concern . Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query. Thanks .