Taking divalproex sodium. Can I take poppy pods with this?

hii i have question i am taking divalproex sodium 1000mg a day so my question is that XXXXXXX pods safe with take divaproex sodium , so can u tell me if any intreaction between depakote and XXXXXXX pods , because XXXXXXX pods help me to feel releax and stress out all the time, because its contains morphine and codine soo opiates and depakote can i take same time or not.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
Serious interactions

Detailed Answer:

I would not be able to comment on the XXXXXXX pods. But literature is available about the interactions between the individual constituents (morphine and codeine)

Using morphine / codeine or both together with divalproex sodium may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people reported experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. If I as a doctor suggest both of them I would admit and constantly monitor them in a hospital setting. In developed countries typically pharamcists reject the prescription in OP setting or call up the doctor about it.

However serious respiratory arrest and CNS depressant effects were observed.

Hope this makes you aware of the serious affects and prevents the use of them simultaneously. You should contact the primary doctor about the other significant problems bothering you instead of taking XXXXXXX pads.