Taking divalproex for bipolar disorder. Feel unbalanced like fainting and dizzy. Advise?

hii i am taking medicine for manic bioplor disorder divalproex sodium 1000 mg everyday ,but i feel unbalanced all the time ,feel like i am fainting , i dont have any panic attacks or anxiety problem but i dont know why i feel really dizzy or i can say feel like i am on a boat. so can u tell me why its happen to me
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

That could be a side effect of the medicine that you are taking. Unable to balance also known as ataxia is a known side effect of divalproex sodium. So I request you to consult your doctor for the same.

Continue to ask further queries if any.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty,
Associate Professor.
Follow-up: Taking divalproex for bipolar disorder. Feel unbalanced like fainting and dizzy. Advise? 14 hours later
thanks for answer my question the other thing sometimes i take 2 spoon crush XXXXXXX pods with tea twice s week ,because its contain morphine and codiene its relax my brain , my depression , feel happy so is that safe with divalproex sodium or not because XXXXXXX seeds and XXXXXXX pods really good work for anxiety , stress, anger , depression ,LDL to good HDL , good for heart also
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 6 hours later

I suggest you make life style changes and adopt other methods to overcome depression, anxiety, stress, etc.

1. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc will help.
2. Go for a walk. Recreational exercises will be of use.
3. Play with kids. Listen to music.
4. Get busy with some work which suits you.
5. Try to help some body.... what ever small help you can........ at least once a day.
6. Pray God.
7. Look at the positive things in life.

For increasing the HDL do regular exercises rather than any other method that you are adopting.

Hope this helps.