Taking diltiazem, crestor and baby aspirin. Noticed floater in eye. Reason?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i have been taking diltiazem, crestor and baby aspirin. everything went prefectly except now i have this huge floater in my left eye.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later

There are some ocular side effects of diltiazem, but this doesn't include floaters.
I suggest you to find other causes of it.

Floaters can be quite annoying and can interfere with vision. While usually harmless, they do have the potential to signal a more concerning or serious eye condition.

It's great that you are concerned about the health of your eyes, but you need to give me info about this so I can give you right answer:
How long you have been affected by floaters?
When do they occur?
Do you have eye allergies?
Have you had a change or loss of vision?
Are your floaters accompanied by flashes of light?
Do you have a history of migraines with headaches or without headaches ?
Have you had any injuries to your eyes?
Do you wear glasses for distance vision?

After reviewing the answers, I will have more information to better diagnose the cause of your floaters.
Floaters are more common in individuals with the following risk factors:
Age 40 or older
Diabetic retinopathy, trauma to the eye, nearsightedness, previous cataract operation, inflammation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.