Taking diazepam for epilepsy. Feeling cold. Which medicine should I take for cold?

im currently taking diazepam for epilepsy i only take 1/4 of the pill at 8am and another at 8pm i getting the symptoms of a cold and i would like to know what i can take for a cold
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 3 hours later

Diazepam is not a right medication to be taken for long term treatment of seizures. It is used only in emergency situations and then other drugs are started to prevent seizure in the long term. You should consult a neurologist and clarify the continued use of diazepam.

Some medications do have an interaction with diazepam and so inform the doctor about your use of diazepam. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Meanwhile, you may take steam inhalation twice daily for symptomatic relief from cold.

If you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer.

Good luck.
Follow-up: Taking diazepam for epilepsy. Feeling cold. Which medicine should I take for cold? 16 hours later
thank you for the information i will get back to my doctor
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 7 hours later

Thank you too. You may ask me a query at this link in future, if you wish.

Wish you all the best.