Taking dexona and ciplactin tablets, have gained weight. Unborn baby had heart development problem. Due to medicines?

Infertility Specialist
Sir, I am XXXXXXX i am taking dexona and ciplactin tablets from past 4 years , i gain my weight from 47 to 60kgs, i am married, in the year 2010 my wife has carried but after 6 months as per scanning report doctor suggested to terminate the pregnancy due to heart development problem in baby, is it the effect of those tablets?
How to stop those tablets
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

I understand your concerns. First let me reassure you that congenital heart anomaly in your baby is not associated with these drugs you are taking.

These drugs should not be taken for long duration. Especially steroids (dexona)cause weight gain and other complications. I presume you are taking both of these tablets for some allergy. But taking them so long is not advisable.

Please visit your physician and get reevaluation done. Based on your need for taking these drugs your physician can reduce these drugs by tapering slowly as you cannot stop them suddenly.

Follow-up: Taking dexona and ciplactin tablets, have gained weight. Unborn baby had heart development problem. Due to medicines? 33 hours later
Thanks for your valuable suggestion doctor

Now can we go ahead for next baby
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

Yes, you can go ahead and plan your next baby without any second thoughts. This would be the right time to try for another baby.

All the best for everything.
Wishes for a healthy and early pregnancy.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Please close this discussion if you have no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol