Taking deviry to delaying my periods. Is there any risk of concieving during its course?

i m taking deviry to delaying my periods.. is there any risk of concieving during its course
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Deviry contains only progesterone and does not completely inhibit ovulation and implantation. The chances of pregnancy are low while taking deviry but not absent.
You can use a barrier method along with to avoid pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking deviry to delaying my periods. Is there any risk of concieving during its course? 10 hours later

Thanks for your reply. Can you help me and suggest alternative method to avoid pregnancy without using condoms. Are contraceptive pills safe for women's health for long run, as i am 28 yr old just married and dont want to concieve for coming three years.

I am waiting for answer as it is very valuable.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Oral contraceptive pills are a good choice of contraception and can be taken at your age as it is not a criteria for pill intake.
If taken regularly they are quite effective in prevention of pregnancy.
There are various pills available these days as Femilon, Novelon, Ovaral L, My pill.

Consider visiting a Gynaecologist so that you can be prescribed the one after evaluation of your age,height,weight,menstrual history etc.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.