Taking cymbalta and amtriptuline. No improvement. Unable to walk. suggest the medication for fibromyalgia?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is there a med that helps fibromyalgia. I am on cymbalta for 4 months and not working. I am on amtriptuline for17 years and that is not working. What should I do. I can hardly walk
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can change some medicine

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis by exclusion and mainly diagnosed by clinical examination.

Fibromyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. As you are resistant to amitryptiline and duloxetin I will advise you that you can start milnacipran or Lyrica (pregabalin) consulting your treating doctor.

Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of fibromyalgia
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises.

A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation ,SKY[ XXXXXXX XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.